So, because I’m super nosey and love watching these kinds of videos on Youtube, I thought I’d do my own rendition, regardless of how lame my stuff actually is!
My bag is a few years old, I don’t know the name of it, and I can’t find a link to it anywhere. Sorry, I tried. It’s from Anya Hindmarch (I obvs didn’t purchase it at full price), it’s huge, and it’s the softest, slouchiest leather you could imagine. Although it’s a super casual, easy to wear, day bag, I think the silver/grey/black studs easily take it through to the evening, and also give it a slightly edgier look, whilst still remaining feminine.
I never really appreciated how difficult it must be to be a fashion blogger until I tried to take a picture of this fucking bag. It’s basically impossible. You need a tripod or you need someone to help you. And you need patience. And a nice background. I HAVE NONE OF THESE. I had to wait a whole week until I did something social (drinks, duh) and get someone to help me.
As you can see, the bag is basically a bucket. It has a zip pocket on one side for tampons/drugs/condoms etc, and one of those little phone pockets on the other. Now, I don’t know about you, but if you give me space, I will fill it. What you’re about to see is an alarmingly light day.My oyster card and my purse are probably the most important items in my whole bag/life. For those ofyou who don’t know, oyster cards are how we use public transport in London, AND THEY TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY, EVER. Literally. Literally. That’s not a typo, I said it twice on purpose because LITERALLY. My purse is fairly old, and it’s from Next; it’s nothing fancy but I think it’s so cute! Pastels and ice cream shades are always a win if you ask me. It never has any money in it, but it does have a shit load of cards. So many cards, in fact, that a friend asked me in the middle of Nando’s why I have so many. I said it was a girl thing; is it?
My next most valuable item is probably my 1st generation iPod Touch. I got it on my 18th birthday, five and a half years ago. I clearly take care of my shit. It hasn’t been updated in about a year and sometimes it refuses to charge, or just turns itself off for no reason and won’t turn on again, but I couldn’t survive the city without it.
If you couldn’t tell by how basic this blog is, I’m not the most technologically savvy. So I have a physical diary which I lug around with me and write shit down in, instead of just keeping everything on my phone like every other person. It’s from Paperchase and I buy refill packets for it every year. Yes, I am about 40. I also have a little notebook that I carry around, to write notes in, naturally. It’s from a discount homeware store somewhere in North London, and I thought it was cute and small enough to fit in every single one of my bags. It reads,“She woke up and realised she had forgotten the definition of the word ‘impossible’. She decided it must not have been that important”. I wish I could say that this was me all over, but I have a horribly defeatist attitude. I think of this quote as something to aspire to.
I have a lot of keys. This isn’t even all the keys I have. These were just the ones swimming around in there. Property management = keys.So, I’m not really someone who does touch-ups. I slap stuff on before I go out, and then it’s out of my hands. There’s always an assortment of products at the bottom of my bag, though – I am a girl, after all!
- Korres Lip Butter in Guava – any kind of lip balm is a handbag essential, and this one is lovely. It smells amazing and it’s so buttery smooth with Shea butter that it applies like a dream. The range of balms is actually tinted, but Guava is marketed as clear. It’s not the cheapest balm out there, at £8.00 a pot, but sometimes a little luxury is nice.
- Maybelline Colorsensational Shine Gloss in 150 Shock Pink – I don’t think this picture does justice to how bright this pink actually is. So I was shocked (get it?) when I realised how wearable it really is. Although it’s super pigmented, it doesn’t look like too much on the lips, even during the day! It’s a little on the sticky side, so your hair will probably get stuck in it multiple times during the first hour after application, but it lasts on the lips a pretty decent amount of time! I definitely recommend it. Let me know if you’ve tried any other shades, too!
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy – y’all know I love this.
- L’Occitane Hand Cream – is there anyone who hasn’t had one of these samples? Also, if you don’t keep hand cream in your bag, start.
- Marc Jacobs’ Daisy – this is the original Daisy, and in my opinion, definitely the best. I’m not even going to try to explain the notes and shit in it, but it’s really lovely, trust me. Give me a sniff next time you see me, or, alternatively, go to a store like a normal person.
- E.L.F Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph – this is nice. It’s not amazing, but it’s nice. It doesn’t come off too chalky and it doesn’t have that ‘concealer lips’ look either. I bought it so I wouldn’t use up my MAC Blankety (which is in the Amplified formula and just so beautifully creamy, btw) so quickly. I can’t say I reach for it all that often, but I do like it, and it’s useful to have in the bag just in case!
You can’t really not carry any water with you these days; London is in heat. It’s gross. And no one wants to be the bellend that faints on the tube and ruins it for everyone. CARRY WATER, FOOLS. If you didn’t know, I eat a lot. I’m always hungry. I think it’s because I’m still growing, and my mother agrees that I am indeed growing.. sideways. Bitch. So I tend to carry some kind of cereal bar or small snack around with me because fuck wasting £3 on a measly amount of food when I could spend that on nail polish. These are Belvita Chocolate Chip Breakfast Biscuits and they are yummy. Gum is essential, but this gum is shit. I bought it at an U-Bahn station in Berlin because I had run out. Ignore it, it’s not even worth seeing.
I hope you enjoyed this little peek into the life I carry around with me, you nosey fuck. There’s no tampons in there because I haven’t had sex in a lifetime, and therefore have the most regular cycle known to woman-kind. No surprise periods for me! It’s bitter-sweet, really.
Is there anything vital you think I’m missing? Do you think I’m packing light or are they going to make me open my suitcase at check-in?